DANCEmix with CDA
Welcome to Summer Camp 2021! Mix it up with CANVAS Dance Arts in true artist fashion! We will explore movement through new perspectives and collaborate with our peers to produce a final performance. Expand on your passion for dance beyond the studio and think outside the Zoom box. We look forward to hosting 2 week camps with an emphasis on dancers’ creations, fitness and conditioning, site specific choreography, and video performance. Memories from camp will be treasured in our final performance video. Sign up for one or all six weeks!
Art comes to life!June 14 – June 25, $900
The dance floor is our canvas! This session breathes life into paintings, sculptures, mosaics, and more.
Cultures & CharactersJune 28 – July 9, $810
Inspired by how the Olympic Games brings different countries together. What’s your victory dance?
Fantasy & FictionJuly 12 – July 23, $900
Performing arts is the ultimate escape from reality. When we take command of the stage, where will it take us?
- Location: 65 Beverly Street, San Francisco at Temple United Methodist Church
- Camp Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Ages: 5 to 10 (we provide challenges and modifications for different age groups)
- Session 1: June 14 – June 25, $900 (contact for waitlist)
- Session 2: June 28 – July 9, $810 (no camp on July 5)
- Session 3: July 12 – July 23, $900
- 10% Sibling Discount
- 5% Early Bird Discount, thru April 30
- Warm It Up A typical week includes incorporating different dance styles: Ballet, Hip Hop, Contemporary — from cardio to conditioning, stretching to across the floor.
- Break It Down Explore elements of dance and production by experiencing the role of writer, designer, director, and performer.
- Dance It Out Collaborate with peers, choreograph with your teacher, and create staged scenes for a full video production.
- Bring It In Watch and review while artists take a bow.
- Food: a lunch & two snacks
- Drink: water bottle labeled with name
- Supplies: a towel for seated floor stretches
- Dress Code: mask, sturdy shoes & layers for weather
The mission of CANVAS Dance Arts is to provide an inclusive, positive environment that helps students grow and develop a passion for the performing arts.
Camp Address: 65 Beverly Street, San Francisco, CA